Icelandic Government Scholarship for International Student 2017
Deadline: December 1, 2016
The aim of the AIcelandic Government Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students. About 15 scholarships will be awarded for students of modern Icelandic.
- The scholarships are intended for students of modern Icelandic.
- Students must have completed at least one year of University study.
- Students must also have prior knowledge of Icelandic according to the requirements for BA study in Icelandic as a second language (Icelandic knowledge on the level with the courses Icelandic Online 1 and 2).
- Preference will, as a rule, be given to a candidate under 35 years of age.
The scholarship covers registration fees at the University and a monthly stipend of approximately ISK 130.000 – that should cover room and board for one person, payable at the beginning of each month, September to April. A room will be available for rent in one of the University dormitory, Gamli Garour.
How to Apply?
Application should include the following documents (in English, Icelandic or other Scandinavian languages):
- university transcripts / copies of diplomas with grades;
- two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors at your University;
- language certificate (English and/or Icelandic).
- Application form
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students of Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America can apply for these Icelandic Government scholarships.