Full Scholarships for Developing Countries at University of Bonn in Germany 2017
The University of Bonn and the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) are offering up to eight fully funded scholarships for developing countries. These scholarships are available for pursuing Joint Master of Science (M.Sc.) programme “Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security.”
The ultimate goal of the scholarship is to foster intercultural exchange and enable the students to contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries by applying the knowledge they acquired during the study program.
Non-native English speaking applicants must prove sufficient proficiency in the English language.
- Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related / comparable professionally certified study programme. Out of all higher education qualifications earned (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional academic coursework, etc.) applicants must have accumulated at least 100 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) within courses related to the three following areas: Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development; Science methodology and empirical research methods; Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science.
- A strong motivation to contribute to the area of Human Security and management of risks related to Environmental Change is a pre-requisite to study in this Master’s Programme.
- Applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- A minimum of 2 years of related professional experience is required for candidates from developing countries who additionally wish to be considered for a scholarship under the Development-Related Postgraduate programmes (Epos) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
How to Apply
- Completed and signed application form;
- A signed Résumé/CV A current résumé including a chronological listing of employment and other significant activities must be submitted with any application;
- Official transcripts: Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college or university in which they were enrolled for any period of time, showing all courses, grades and degrees received
- Only transcripts that have been certified by the university where the degree was awarded will be accepted:
– Only transcripts that have been certified by the university where the degree was awarded will be accepted
– In cases where the transcript is written in any other language than English, a certified translation of the transcript into English or German is also required
– Translated versions can be certified either by the originating university or an official national or international institution
- For non-native English speakers or applicants where English is not the official language, an English language proficiency certificate.
- Copy of Bachelor Thesis or academic essay written as part of the fulfillment of the first degree (preferably in English).
- If the candidate wishes to be considered for the Epos funding by the DAAD the candidate should add the DAAD application form, a motivation letter with reference to the current occupation, professional letters of recommendation from your employer (with recent date, stamped and signed), academic letters of recommendation from your university (with recent dates, stamped and signed), as well as a confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home.
- Other relevant documents to support your application:
– Further certificates on professional experience and expertise (recommended for Epos applicants)
– Additional Certified Transcripts in cases where additional academic credits were earned outside of Degrees awarded
– Letters of recommendation
All documents must be scanned and sent together as one single PDF file. Only Epos applicants might organize their application in two files. The file size for each file should not exceed 8 Megabytes (MB). Send completed application packet to: email@example.com.