Deadline: August 8, 2016
DairyNZ Masters Scholarships are awarded to outstanding graduates with a strong career motivation for dairy research and development (R&D)
These scholarships offer a tremendous prospect to kick start a career in R&D. On completion of a Master’s degree in farm systems, it is expected that scholars will apply for employment opportunities at DairyNZ as either Doctoral Students studying specialist dairy science fields, or as Graduate Developers.
Each year, up to three scholarships of $30,000 p.a., plus tuition fees, will be on offer. Recipients will be located at a DairyNZ office, working on a DairyNZ funded industry-relevant farm systems project and co-supervised by DairyNZ. This will ensure graduates are well-supported and mentored throughout their study, and will build strong connections within the industry.
Scholars will be able to fast track their Masters by undertaking their project while completing course requirements, taking just 18 months to complete their degree (or 12 months for scholars that have already completed Honours).
The university of enrolment will be Lincoln, Massey or Waikato University, based on the most appropriate supervisor for the Master’s project.
- Applicants must be in their final year of, or completed, a bachelor degree in science, agricultural science, agricultural business or economics
- Be eligible to enroll in a Master degree majoring in science, agricultural science, or agricultural business, at a New Zealand university
- Be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident
- Applicants must be willing to relocate, if required, to Hamilton, Palmerston North or Lincoln (determined by research locality), and be situated at a DairyNZ office for the duration of their study
- The scholarship is available for up to 1.5 years and covers the annual tuition fees plus $30,000 p.a.
The scholarships will be awarded based on:
- A strong motivation to progress in dairy R&D.
- Proof of existing connections and activity within the dairy industry.
- Academic merit.
- Evidence of leadership skills and critical thinking ability.
How to Apply?
Complete the scholarship application form at the bottom of this page and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 August 2016.