Fully Funded Fellowships Program 2016 by UNESCO Poland
Deadline: April 30, 2016
Type: Fully Funded Fellowships Program 2016 by UNESCO Poland
Thirty-five (35) fellowships of six (6) months duration starting on 1st October 2016 will be awarded to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering. With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow are placing at the disposal of UNESCO to award these fellowships.
To check the eligibility for each of the required field visit the official page and AnnexIII.
Individuals from the member states are eligible to submit application.
- Angola •Benin •Botswana •Burkina Faso •Burundi •Cameroon •Cape Verde •Central African Republic •Chad •Comoros •Congo •Côte d’Ivoire •Democratic Republic of the Congo •Djibouti •Equatorial Guinea •Eritrea •Ethiopia •Gabon •Gambia •Ghana •Guinea •Guinea-Bissau •Kenya •Lesotho •Liberia •Madagascar •Malawi •Mali •Mauritius •Mozambique •Namibia •Niger •Nigeria •Rwanda •Sao Tome and Principe •Senegal •Seychelles •Sierra Leone •Somalia •South Africa •Swaziland •Togo •Uganda •United Republic of Tanzania •Zambia •Zimbabwe
Asia and Pacific
- Afghanistan •Bangladesh •Bhutan • Brunei Darussalam Cambodia •China •Fiji •India •Indonesia •Kazakhstan •Kiribati •Kyrgyzstan •Lao People’s Democratic Republic •Malaysia •Maldives •Mongolia •Myanmar •Nauru •Nepal •Niue •Pakistan •Palau •Papua New Guinea •Philippines •Samoa •Sri Lanka •Tajikistan •Thailand •Timor-Leste •Tonga •Turkmenistan •Tuvalu •Uzbekistan •Vanuatu •Viet Nam
Armenia •Azerbaijanp •Bosnia and Herzegovina •Croatia •Georgia •Republic of Moldova •The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia •Turkey •Ukraine
Latin America and The Caribbean
- Argentina •Barbados •Belize •Bolivia (Plurinational State of) •Brazil •Chile •Colombia •Costa Rica •Cuba •Dominica •Dominican Republic •Ecuador •El Salvador •Grenada •Guatemala •Guyana •Haiti •Honduras •Jamaica •Mexico •Nicaragua •Panama •Paraguay •Peru •Saint Kitts and Nevis •Saint Lucia •Saint Vincent and the Grenadines •Suriname •Trinidad and Tobago •Uruguay •Venezuela(Bolivarian Republic of)
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations. Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organised for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair.
- Monthly allowance of 1350 PLN (1 USD = approximately 3.9 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and;
- A one especial allowance of 1350 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificateattesting to their attendance at the host institution, this certificate will be given after receipt of the requested reports and financial clearance from the Institution.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by 30 April 2016 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address. An advance copy of the application should be sent by fax (33.1) 45.68.55.03 or by e-mail unesco3(at)agh.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- UNESCO fellowships application forms, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
- The endorsed candidates should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on the page: www.unesco.agh.edu.pl/en/ .
- Only the selected candidates will receive a letter through their respective National Commissions for UNESCO.
- All application should be endorsed by the National Commission from the country of the candidate.
- All correspondence should be in English.
Fellows, from countries where Polish Embassies or Consulates exit, will have to obtain their entry visa to the country of study prior to their departure. Fellows, from countries where no such Embassy or Consulate exists, must secure their visa through the nearest Embassy of the Republic of Poland. UNESCO and the Government of the Republic of Poland provide no alliance to defray passport and visa expenses. Selected beneficiaries will have to secure their own visas themselves.