Will open in February 2016
Type: Fully Funded
The Australia – Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Women in Research Fellowship will provide financial support for high-achieving female researchers from developing APEC economies to pursue research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.Up to 10 fellowships will be awarded each year for five years (2015 – 2019). Available for Chile, Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Researchers will be hosted by Australian education and research institutions for between one and four months. The program will open in February 2016.
- Travel allowance: AU$3,000 (Provision to pay up to AU$4,500 for South American economies)
- Establishment allowance: AU$2,000
- Monthly stipend: AU$3,000 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- Monthly family allowance AU$1,200 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis) if applicable
- Be a female citizen and/or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
- Have a Masters by research or PhD degree
- Be available to commence their proposed program between 1 July 2016 and 31 December 2016
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation
- Nomination agreement with an Australian academic institution and/or organisation
How to Apply
Applications will reopen for the 2016 round in February 2016. All applicants and their proposed supervisor from an Australian institution that has agreed to host them are required to complete a google form that will be avalible in Febuary 2016. The questions that will be asked are outlined in the 2016 Fellowship Guidelines. For enquiries please email email@example.com.