Global Youth Rising Summer Camp 2016 in Romania
Deadline: May 30, 2016 (5th May if you need a visa to enter Romania)
Global Youth Rising 2016 is a gathering in the beautiful Romanian countryside where dedicated, passionate, motivated youth activists and peacebuilders from across the globe come together to learn, share, build and exchange their experiences from their movements and organizations.
GYR is a space where youth already involved in organizations, movements and initiatives within their countries or globally will share and learn together while supported and empowered by experienced peace workers from a number of key organizations in the field of peacebuilding. Around 100 passionate young people who are involved in organizations, movements and initiatives related to peace, social justice, activism or environmental issues will come together to learn, share and collaborate.
This exciting summer camp will include a variety of workshops and training sessions on key topics in the field, as well as seminars, film showings, discussions, exchanges, planning spaces, as well as the chance to hike and explore the surrounding countryside.
In addition to training, workshops and discussions, the Global Youth Rising summer camp will include:
- Film Nights
- Peace/sharing Circles
- Cultural exchange
- Yoga and Meditation
- Excursions (e.g. hiking, white-water rafting)
- Psychological well-being and healing yourself – from inner peace to outer peace
- Tackling discrimination, violent extremism, and radicalisation
- Working with trauma (especially for refugees and asylum seekers)
- Key peacebuilding skills, e.g. using digital media, fundraising, community participation
- Creating a global movement, especially bringing together youth from Europe with those from Syria, Yemen, Libya and Iraq
- Environmental sustainability as a key to peace
- Innovative approaches to peace – e.g. theatre and sports
As well as being able to attend workshops from our partners – experts in the field of peace building and conflict transformation – we invite You to show the rest of us what Your organization has been doing. If there’s a method or initiative that works well in your community, let us know about it and spread the knowledge and ideas to other people. We believe that powerful ideas should be spread and shared, not kept a secret – after all, we are better together.
How to Apply?
Please click here to apply.
OECD participants: 500 EUR
Non-OECD participants: 300 EUR
- Transportation from Cluj-Napoca to the gathering location and back
- Ten nights of accommodation at the camp (10th-20th July)
- Dinner on 10th July, all meals from 11th-19th July (breakfast, lunch and dinner), breakfast on the 20th July
- All training, workshops and activities, including support
- One excursion (choose from white-water rafting or hiking)
- Preparatory support and information
- Access to the preparatory online discussion forum and learning materials
- Access to follow-up support and discussion
Costs do not cover:
- The costs of obtaining a visa to enter Romania (if needed)
- Transport to Cluj-Napoca
- Cost of having your own room (this is an extra 150 euros)
- Any meals or accommodation outside the duration of the camp
- Any extra snacks/meals bought during the course dates
- Medical/travel insurance
Should you need more information, please kindly click here.