Deadline : Semester Abroad Course (Autumn) February 19, 2016
Semester Abroad Course (Spring) October 31, 2016*
Type : Full Scholarship (Exchange Programs 2016-2017 for undergraduate students in Japan)
Location : at Hokkaido University in Japan
Applicants will be informed of the selection results April, 2016 (in December, 2016 for spring course).
The Hokkaido University Short-Term Exchange Program (HUSTEP) is program designed to provide undergraduate students from affiliated universities with The opportunity to study in Japan at Hokkaido University.
Approximately 50 students for each course. Participants in this program take a wide variety of classes offered in English in The fields of Culture and Society, Environment,Science and Technology.
Students also havethe chance to study the Japanese language. In addition, some participants can pursue Independent study research under the guidance of a faculty member. There will also be an opportunity to take part in numerous traditional Ana contemporary Japanese cultural activities. Students admitted to the program are eligible to apply for a scholarship. We would like to invite motivated universitas students from ALL disipliner to participate in HUSTEP.
Length of Study
- Research Course
Late September, 2016 – around August 10, 2017
(11 months: equivalent to one Japanese academic year)
- Semester Abroad Course (Autumn)
Late September, 2016 – Mid-February, 2017
- Semester Abroad Course (Spring)
Early April, 2017 – around August 10, 2017
The Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan) includes a monthly stipend as follows: ¥80,000 (approximately U.S. $ 700) per month for eleven months.
- be enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree programs at overseas universities that have concluded a student exchange agreement with Hokkaido University.
- be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home universities as full-time students during the entire period of study in Japan.
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university prior to arrival in Japan.
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
- be able to arrive by late September or first week of April.
How to apply
- Cover Page HUSTEP2016-2017 Application Form (PDF)
- HUSTEP Application Form 2016-2017 (PDF bor Excel)
- Recommendation Letter (PDF)
- Certificate of Health (PDF)
- Certificate of Enrollment (PDF)
- HUSTEP Nominate list 2016-2017 enrollment (Excel)
Please give these forms to students who want to apply for HUSTEP. We have already sent you the password to open these files, but if you have not receive it, please contact us. After students complete this form and submit the other required documents, please send the complete student application package to the following address:
Division of International Adcademic Programs
Office of International Affairs
Kita 15, Nishi 8, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0815 Japan
Visit official website here