Deadline: July 31, 2016
The HANDs Project will connect youths, from Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and India/Nepal. It also promotes the formation of a network among young leaders, as well as promotes collaborative efforts among them, in the field of intellectual exchange dialogue on disaster and environmental education issues with their applied creativities.
- applicants have to be:
- a young professional, who have great creative skills and/or organizational skills, as well as working actively in the field of artistic approach and creativities for social issues i.e. community artist, community and social architecture, social entrepreneur or social enterprise, humanitarian and social workers, ecological specialists, environmental activists, journalism and documentary producers, climate change adaptation specialists and disaster preparedness management officers, with at least one year of working experience.
- an active university graduate student in any fields (who presents valid student ID)
- Applicants must have records of activities in the field of community building, desirably disaster and environmental education in their home country, such as conducting educational events for school children, helping post-disaster reconstruction, conducting social enterprise and social services for environmental campaigns with their high competences of applied creativities, etc. Applicants who worked on other social issues such as supporting children, handicapped & elderly, in deal with LGBT issues, women’s empowerment, and others are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who are eager to learn from other countries’ experience of post-disaster recovery and disaster preparedness and environmental issues.
- Applicants must understand and agree to the aims of HANDs.
- Applicants must be Thai nationality and young people from Myanmar.
- Applicants have to be equal or under 35 years old, as of the date of application (July 31, 2016).
- Applicants must possess the ability to conduct formal conversation in English and a good communication skill.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental conditions.
For those who wish to apply for HANDs Project,
For young professional applicants:
(1) HANDs Application form for Young Professionals (can be downloaded below)
(2) Photocopy of ID card
(3) Curriculum Vitae in English (must not exceed 5 pages in length)
(4) two samples of recent works (in English or Thai); for example, poster designs, comics, product designs, photography, web design, short essays, newspaper articles, journals, video, etc.,
For university student applicants:
(1) HANDs Application form for University Students (can be downloaded below)
(2) Photocopy of student ID card
(3) Curriculum Vitae in English (must not exceed 2 pages in length)
(4) Any additional material (in English or Thai) about your disaster and environmental related activities or other social activities; for example, poster designs, comics, product designs, photography, web design, short essays, newspaper articles, journals, video, etc.,
Please submit all the documents to Mr. Wathana Onpanich at email@example.com no later than July 31, 2016 (Sun.) at 17:00 PM.
**The whole documents should not exceed 5 MB, we will not accept documents larger than 5 MB. For video files (if any), please upload to Youtube and send us the link. **For CV, please only submit attachments as Microsoft Word files or Adobe PDF. Photo ID should be a JPEG or Adobe PDF.
For more information and inquiries: Mr. Wathana Onpanich (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Tel: +66-2-260-8560-3 at the Japan Foundation, Bangkok Office.
Address: 10th Floor, Serm-mit Tower, 159 Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke-montri) Rd.,
Wattana, Bangkok 10110