Call for Application: Professional Fellows Program in USA 2016
Deadline: April 30, 2016
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) is sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’, Professional Fellows Division. The fall 2016 application is now open.
- 25-35 years old;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
- Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in Legislative – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Belarus, Russia
- Economic Empowerment – Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
“Who is a Professional Fellow?”
Fellows come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
- The business world – Members who are active in developing corporate social responsibility or efforts to mentor under represented populations in business and other similar themes could be eligible.
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship organizations
- Government offices – including local government, regional development agencies, national policy offices, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy
- NGOs – including those increasing the role marginalized populations in the economy and workforce, building financial literacy and supporting other important efforts around economic empowerment
- Universities – incubators, accelerators, university-based centers or programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, tourism or economic development