Deadline : January 29, 2016
The 2nd SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum aims to provide a regional platform for youth representatives from SEAMEO-member countries to build their leadership skills and strengthen their capacity to contribute to the ASEAN community now and in the future.
The Forum’s Four Themes
- Developing Future Leaders of Southeast Asia
- Effective Professional Values and Skills
- Managing the Development of a Changing World
- Intercultural Understanding
- Travel costs and arrangements: a. International return/round-trip air tickets between the participants home country (within Southeast Asia) and Bangkok, b. Visa fees, c. Airport transfer in Bangkok, d. Local transport in Bangkok during the forum period, e. Daily allowance
- Twin-sharing hotel accommodations during the forum period
- Meals during forum (lunch, and morning and afternoon snacks)
Note: The cost of applying for passports will be borne by the participants
- Nationality: SEAMEO-member country (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam) and/or Japan, South Korea, and China.
- Age: 18 to 24 years old
- Educational attainment:
- Applicants must either be: i) in the senior year of their undergraduate university program or ii) graduates of an undergraduate university program from the most recent academic year.
- Senior students or recent graduates of various degree programs e.g. sciences, maths, humanities, social sciences, media, business, agriculture, etc may apply.
- Experience: Participants with leadership experience in school or in their communities have an advantage.
- Language: English proficiency (reading, writing, speaking)
- Desired personal qualities: open-minded, respectful of other cultures, willing to learn, team player, extroverted, and innovative.
How to Apply?
- Filled out application form
- Answers to the following essay questions (about 250 words each question)
- What is your envisioned career path?
- How will you benefit from the SEAMEO Leadership Forum? What do you think are the actions or activities you could implement based on what you will learn from the Forum?
- Why should you be chosen to participate in the Forum?
- One letter of recommendation from a professional or academic contact with official letterhead and signature of the referee
- Official transcript of university records or certified copy of grades
- Curriculum vitae (optional)
Note: Scanned copies of the required documents can be accepted.
Send all the documents to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to (Subject:2nd SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum): SEAMEO SPAFA 81/1 Si Ayutthaya Road, Thewet, Dusit Bangkok, 10300, Thailand.
Need further information? Go to official page.