International Challenge on Product Design and Ergonomics 2016
Deadline: May 15th, 2016
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
CHRONICS 2016 is the most anticipated Product Design and Ergonomics competition in South East Asia. This year will be the ninth time where remarkable students from all over South East Asia gather to compete and present their astounding ideas on product design. It is one of the biggest multi-level competitions in the region and is held annually by Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Industri UGM (Industrial Engineering Student Association of Universitas Gadjah Mada).
Theme Solutions for Organized Living. Organized living is a lifestyle focusing on organization and efficiency through the utilization of supportive tools and systems that solve daily problems with the aim of increasing productivity and comfort.
- All Student from South East Asia
- Each team consists of three participants, with at least one studentz majoring in industrial engineering, product design, or equivalent majors (e.g. systems engineering, industrial design).
- All members must be from the same university
- Participants must be actively enrolled as an undergraduate (S1) student until December 2016.
- Each team can only submit one product design.
- One participant can only participate in one team.
- Products must be original and have never been commercialized. Violation to this rule leads to immediate disqualification.
- Ownership of the product designs is transferred to the hands of the CHRONICS 2016 committee upon submission.
- Registered teams are required to enclose a Statement of Design Authenticity and Change in Ownership Statement along with stamp duty (for Indonesia) or other equivalent validation stamps (for international).
- The first stage is the Product Concept Selection where every team submits a brief description of their product during April 11th – May 15th, 2016. The background and general concept of the product proposed by participants will be evaluated.
- Participants who have passed the first stage of selection will proceed to the second stage which is the Mini Proposal Selection. Each team will develop their initial raw concept into a mini proposal explaining the team identity and roles of its members and details of their product design. This stage starts from June 20th – July 30th, 2016.
- This final round comprises of a series of tests which include a Full Proposal Presentation, Case Study Session, Public Exhibition (EXPO), and an investor Pitching Session. This final stage will be held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on November 10th – 13th 2016.
How to Apply
- Download the compressed file consisting of the Registration & Product Concept Form and Statement of Design Authenticity on our website http://chronics.ft.ugm.ac.id. The file can be downloaded starting from April, 11th 2016.
- Participants fill the registration form, containing personal information and a brief description of your product. This form will be the first stage of CHRONICS 2016.
- A Statement of Design Authenticity must be signed by the team’s chief on legal-size paper (21.59 cm x 35.56 cm) and validated by stamp duty (materai) of IDR 6000 (for Indonesian participants) or other equivalent validation stamps (for International participants).
- Participants are required to scan their students’ or identity card.
- Compress all required files (Registration & Product Concept Form, Statement of Design Authenticity, and student’s or identity card) and label the file with the format: University_Team’s Name_Team’s Chief, for example MIT_The Expendables_Silvester Stallone.
- Upload the team’s file on our website http://chronics.ft.ugm.ac.id before May, 15th 2016 at 11.59 pm (GMT +7).
- Products that meet the scoring criteria will be selected to compete in the Mini Proposal stage.