Deadline: February 28, 2017
Applications now open for Global Startup Challenge, an online competition for aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. The top three finalists will win an all-expenses-paid trip to Ship – The Startup Festival to be held July 11-13th in Kotka, Finland. This is going to an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your ventures, receive one-on-one mentoring and win various prizes. Additionally, engage with the Nordic start-up community and make life-lasting connections.
- The applicant must be 18 years old by the day of the application deadline;
- Individual applications are accepted, but team applications are preferred;
- The idea should have startup elements like a repeatable and scalable business model. It can be a social business, but we do not review for NGOs or non-profit venture ideas;
- The Startup must be less than three years old.
- Get access to *ship, Southeast Finland’s biggest startup event and secure a spot on the Pitch Captain -competition;
- The trip is fully covered for the top three finalists, including flights, accommodation and participation fee waiver;
- Showcase ventures, receive one-on-one mentoring and win various various prizes;
- Additionally, engage with the Nordic start-up community and make life-lasting connections.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can submit their ideas and startups in an application consisting of problem identification and solution proposal. Submission of executive summary, pitch deck and promotion video is optional. The applications are then reviewed by local and regional experts. Finalists receive an invitation to *ship, to be held this year on July 11-13th in Kotka, Finland.